Thursday, February 18, 2010

Haiti Fundraiser Interveiw



On Jan,29 CLC, "A private school with a public mission," took on the job of helping Haiti in a Haitian food for Haitian life's fundraiser. The three classes of 4th, 5th and 8th grade made a great Haitian meal and held an awesome bake sale. Which includes red beans and rice, fried plantains and a bean salad. The bake sale and meal included earned about $1,300.

My job was to interview a 4th grader about the event and Haiti. I asked "Omie Coyne", ( A 4th grader from CLC ) a couple of questions.

Q: Did you ever know anything about Haiti, before the earthquake hit?

A:"No, I did not even know that Haiti existed."

Q: How do you feel about what you did to help?

A: "I feel Great and I'm glad I did it!"

Q: How do you think the fondraiser went?

A: Great, I think it went very well.

Omie told me that a lady came into her classroom and talked about Haiti. The lady had been to Haiti one month before the disastrous earthquake hit. Omie said that the lady talked about Haiti's history. Omie thinks that the $1,300 dollars should go to Doctors without Borders and Red cross.

You can help too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment